How do I start a divorce action?

A divorce action is started by filing a Summons with Notice or Summons and Complaint with the County Clerk’s Office. These are formal documents that let your spouse know that you are starting an action for divorce and they tell the Court and your spouse what it is you are asking for in the divorce action.

Posted in: DIVORCE FAQ